bring others into a relationship with
Jesus Christ, with the help of the Holy Spirit We will achieve this by:
- Weekly Sunday services of worship and reflection;
- Organising other services during the week;
- Following the guidance of the URC, performing marriages, baptisms and funerals, as requested;
- Having the sanctuary open when the building is open to enable people to sit, pray and reflect in it if they so wish
- Our own behaviour, following the teaching of Christ as best we can, being aware that, as human beings, we are all fallible and should not judge others
- Making others in the area aware of the church’s existence and activities, and encouraging a dialogue with them, telling them of the love of Christ and power of God.
- Allowing the use of the building by groups that have a social, educational or caring brief, and encouraging them to know that they are a part of our church community,
- Welcoming and encouraging those who do not believe or who have doubts to attend our worship.
- Being open to different forms of worship and understanding that ‘one size fits all worship’ may not suite everyone.
- Having the building open to visitors who may want to know more about our church and church life
- Strengthening the links not only with our own school, but also other educational establishments in the area, thus helping young people to learn more about the Christian faith.
- Being open to the needs of the community, and, where we are able, to provide or support organisations to help those in need.